We are looking for a qualified Counsellor to effectively deliver the Residential Rehabilitation Programme in a way that enables clients to overcome their addiction to gambling and move forward to recovery and independent living.
Position: Residential Treatment Centre Gambling Therapist
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience (£24,000-£28,000)
Hours: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday daytime with occasional weekend and bank holiday work.
Benefits: 28 days’ annual leave, 6% pension contribution, occupational sick pay, eye care vouchers.
Closing Date: 27th June 2021
About the Role
The Residential Treatment Centre Gambling Therapist will provide effective delivery of the established Residential Rehabilitation Programme. The Programme provides structured support, to males aged over 18 years with severe gambling history, through a Residential 14-week residential stay.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide appropriate recovery-focused advice and support to assist residents to address their gambling problems
- To support residents through structured one-to-one and group-work interventions
- To undertake comprehensive assessments of need to inform personalised recovery/action plans
- To hold and manage a caseload of clients
- To assist residents in registering with local facilities
- To support residents to identify goals to meet wider health and social care needs, including housing, employment, debt, substance misuse, mental health, family issues, independent living skills etc.
- To liaise with a range of health, justice and social care agencies to support residents’ needs
- To provide specific advice and guidance around money management, budgeting and debt advice, signposting to external agencies as required, and in liaison with the team’s Support Workers.
- To assist residents with their resettlement process
- To support development of the Programme
As Residential Treatment Centre Gambling Therapist, you will uphold the organisations values and be non-judgemental, passionate, honest, open to change and empower service users.
- Be educated to Diploma level in Counselling BACP or equivalent
- Have CBT and/or Motivational Interviewing training and/or relevant qualification
- Have case management experience, including assessment and support planning
- An understanding of risk, incident and safeguarding processes
- Have experience of facilitating structured group work with vulnerable and challenging groups
- Have experience of working in a therapeutic environment/service, ideally with addiction Negotiation, advocacy, advice and signposting skills
- Have the ability to handle crisis situations and work flexibly to meet presenting needs and work independently, as part of a team and as part of a wider organisation
- Evidence of continuing professional development and willingness to develop
There is also potential for Junior Residential Treatment Centre Gambling Therapist, so do apply and detail in your application the level you wish to apply for.
About the Organisation
This registered charity has nearly 50 years’ experience in providing residential support and treatment for people who are severely addicted to gambling. They provide advice, education and high quality innovative therapeutic support to problem gamblers and those affected by gambling, through residential, online and outreach services.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in its workforce.
You may have experience in areas such as Health Engagement, Residential Treatment, Gambling Treatment, Gambling Therapist, Gambling Addiction, Gambling, Rehabilitation Therapist, Rehabilitation, Residential Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Centre, Outreach, Addiction Therapist, Addiction Counsellor, Recovery Worker, Recovery Therapist, Recovery, Outreach Worker, Counselling, Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Addiction Counsellor, Gambling Counsellor, Community Counsellor, Counselling Psychotherapist, Adult Services.